A Time to Shine: Some of Feldmar’s Most Sophisticated Watches – Part 1
Everyone knows the value of time. The most efficient among us work hard to eliminate wasted opportunities, delayed paperwork, and unnecessary distractions. Having a well-regulated schedule of activity not only means you can accomplish more but that you’ll do so with minimal stress. And of course, our array of timekeeping inventions from the sundial to the clock to the wristwatch have kept us running on schedule.
That said, practicality still only goes so far. At a certain point, people crave inspiration and products that are not just functional and well-designed but beautiful to behold. So it is no wonder that a luxury watch has become a necessity for many modern professionals. To introduce a few of the companies crafting these exquisite watches, read on!
Since its inception in 1738, Jaquet Droz has created some of the most artistically inspired and beautiful high-class watches in the market. Making its presence felt since the Age of Enlightenment, Jaquet Droz utilizes precious minerals and rare components to create such masterpieces such as following:
- The Astrale: a luxury timepiece collection that pays homage to Pierre Jaquet-Droz
- The Grande Second: a well-known collection inspired by the pocket watch of Pierre Jaquet-Droz himself
- The Lady 8: a fashionable women’s watch that uses fine jewels and historical jewelry design as its main material and source of inspiration
- The Petite Heure Minute: a collection that features decorative dials and striking designs
First established by Michel Parmigiani in 1976, this Couvet, Switzerland-born watch brand showcases exquisite workmanship, exhibiting a haute couture feel while remaining supremely elegant. Some of its well-known pieces are the following:
- Bugatti: a watch that signifies the car-like dials of its collaborative partner
- Ovale: a unique collection that showcases open-worked dials and telescoping hands
- Kalpa: a collection featuring tonneau style cases representing delicate style and balanced strength
- Pershing: a chronograph collection featuring details present in Pershing yachts
Inspired by his Swiss mentors, Ulysse Nardin established his own watchmaking company in 1846. Focusing on marine and pocket chronometers, Nardin pursued the two varieties considered most important at the time. Some of the brands current collections include:
- Marine: a watch paying tribute to the brands roots and one that signifies life at sea
- Freak: a unique watch that has no hands, dials, or crown, yet still makes waves with its avant-garde look
- Diver: a luxury sports and diving watch that is durable enough for the most active lifestyles
- Executive: a premium dress watch for business-minded people who aren’t afraid to show off their timepiece style
If you are looking for a Swiss manufactured watch with a broad history that uses groundbreaking materials, look no further than Girard-Perregaux. Founded in 1791, it has long since established its place as one of the preeminent watch brands in the world. Some examples of its collections include:
- 1966: a watch that pays tribute to the first watches made in GP’s earliest days
- Cat’s Eye: a ladies watch that embodies charm and femininity at its finest.
- Laureato: a highly popular line of sport watches, regarded for its design and first-rate movements
- Vintage 1945: a watch styled to turn back the hands of time with its historic appearance
Within this echelon of quality watches, you can be sure that you are wearing the best. A watch of this caliber represents hundreds of years of perfecting not just the science of timekeeping, but the art as well. This, of course, is just a sample of the thousands of watches we carry at Feldmar. Come by today to see them all in person!
If you are looking for a well-trusted watch store near you, Feldmar Watch Company has you covered. We are a luxury watch store and authorized dealer of high-class timepieces, and we’ve been providing exceptional service for over 100 years. Contact us for more information about our luxury watches and services.